Name: Eddie Redmayne
Birthdate: January 6th, 1982.
Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
• Is an Old Etonian.
• He lives in London.
• He was named Outstanding Newcomer at the London Evening Standard Awards 2004 and the London Critic’s Circle Theatre Awards 2005 for his performance in Edward Albee’s ‘The Goat or Who is Sylvia’ with Jonathan Pryce at the Almeida Theatre, Islington.
• Has played a character in two biopics about Elizabeth I. In 2005, he played Southampton, and in 2007 he played Thomas Babington. Both of the characters were traitors. In 2008, he will appear in ‘The Other Boleyn Girl’; one of the leading characters is Henry VIII, father of Elizabeth I.
• Presented an award at the Orange BAFTA ceremony in 2006.
• Suffers severe red-green colour-blindness.
• He has an older and younger brother, and an older half-brother and half-sister.
• He was Grandage’s first choice of actor to star opposite Molina in “Red”.
• At the age of 12, he appeared in Sam Mendes’s West End production of Oliver as workhouse boy number 40.
• He won the Evening Standard Best Newcomer award in 2004.
Eddie Redmayne was born in January 6th, 1982 in London.
He attended Eton College, and went on to study History of Art at Trinity College, Cambridge, from where he graduated with a 2:1 in 2003.
He performed with the National Youth Music Theatre, and made his professional stage debut for Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in Twelfth Night at the Middle Temple Hall in 2002.
He won the award for Outstanding Newcomer at the 50th Evening Standard Theatre Awards (2004) for his performance in Edward Albee’s The Goat, or Who is Sylvia?, and the award for Best Newcomer at the Critics’ Circle Theatre Awards in 2005.
none at the moment.